In this article, we’ll explain the difference between email forwarding and a Google Workspace account so you can make the best decision for your business.
Email Forwarding vs. Google Workspace Account
An email forwarding lets you create multiple email addresses and still be able to receive emails in a single inbox. While the Google Workspace account lets you create a whole new inbox.
We can set up an email forwarding for you without needing to create a Google Workspace account. However, if you need to have a separate inbox other than the one you are already using, then a Google Workspace account is the way to go.
Below are the steps on how you can sign up with Google Workspace:
Google Workspace offers a lot of different productivity tools aside from Gmail that you can use to collaborate with your team. It also lets you create up to 100 email addresses under the same domain at no additional cost.
Create Google Workspace Account
- Go to workspace.google.com
- Click the Start Free Trial at the top right corner of your screen
- Type the Business Name
- Select the size of your company
- Select the region
- Then, hit Next
- Select the plan that is suitable for your business. You can learn more about the different plans here
- Then, follow the instructions to complete your sign up.
Setup Email Forwarding
- On your computer, go to Google Domains
- Click on your domain name
- Open the Menu (hamburger icon)
- Click Email
- Under Email Forwarding, click Add Email Alias
- Enter the alias email address and the existing recipient’s email address
- Then, click Add.
Activate Email Forwarding
Google Domains sends a one-time confirmation email to the recipient email address you entered in the previous step above. Follow the instructions in the email to activate email forwarding.
You may not receive a confirmation email and email forwarding begins immediately if:
- You’ve previously verified the recipient address with Google Domains for another forwarded email alias.
- The recipient address is the same address you use to sign in to Google Domains.
Test Email Forwarding
After you have successfully activated your email forwarding, you can try to send a test email to the new email address you created.
Tip: To view a forwarded email in your primary inbox, send it from a different email address or check your Sent mail folder.
Related Article: How To Buy A Google Domain
We hope this article helps you understand the difference between an email forwarding and a Google Workspace account! Please contact us or pop in to our chat support between 9 AM to 3 PM Eastern Time to get started!