Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site’s presence in Google Search results.
You don’t have to sign up for the Search Console to be included in Google Search results, but Search Console helps you understand and improve how Google sees your site.
In this article, you will learn a step-by-step guide in creating your Google Search Console account and connecting it to your Google Analytics.
Original Video Source: Google Search Console Account
Set up Google Search Console Account
1. First get set up on Google Analytics
2. Go to Google Search Console.
3. Login using the same details as you use to access your Analytics account. Alternatively, you can log in with a Google account.
4. Click the three horizontal lines at the top-left of the page and select Add A Property
5. Enter the URL of your website, then click continue.
6. Next you’ll be asked to verify that you own the website in one of four ways:
- If you have access to the root of your website you can upload an HTML file.
- If you manage your hosting yourself, you can verify via your hosting provider.
- If you use Google Tag Manager, you can verify via Google Tags.
- Or, by far the quickest and easiest method, verify ownership via your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
7. If you already have a Google Analytics Tracking ID installed, Simply click the Verify button.
Original Video Source: How To Connect Google Search Console To Google Analytics
Connecting Google Search Console to Google Analytics
You can connect your Google Search Console account with Google Analytics, so you can easily analyze your SEO rankings along with other Analytics data.
1. Log in Google analytics account
2. Click Acquisition
3. Click Search Console
4. Then Landing Pages (after clicking you will see this)
5. Click the setup search console button
6. Click adjust search console
7. Click add and select your website property
8. Click Save and Ok
9. Go back to google analytics and reload the site and click save
Related Article: Add or Delete User in Google Search Console
We hope this guide helped you get started with Google Search Console! If you have any questions, please contact us or pop in to our chat support between 9 AM to 3 PM Eastern Time and we’ll be happy to assist.